Thursday, April 5, 2012

Buttered Prawn




Pin It



I never failed to eat this one whenever I visit Brunei.  This has become my very favorite.


I have always tried cooking something like this myself so that even I am here in the Philippines I can indulge.  But sad to say, I am yet unsuccessful.

What I like about it is the yummy egg floss, combined with spicy curry leaves and some chopped green chili.

Anyway, this is the recipe I googled (source: Kimba's)

Part A
  • 500gm - unshelled large prawns
  • 1tbsp - oil
  • 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning

Part B
  • 150g butter
  • 3 egg yolks

Part C
  • 100gm - Butter
  • ¼ cup - Milk
  • 2 sprigs - curry leaves
  • 2 - Chilli padi chopped
  • Light Soy Sauce
  • 5tbsp - Nestum
  • 1tbsp - Brown Sugar
  • Chilli curls and spring onion to garnish.

Method: 
  1. Trim and clean prawns but do not remove the tails. Marinate the prawns in the oil and 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning for 30 minutes then deep fry them.
  2. Part B for the Egg Floss, Melt the butter in a pan, pour the eggs through a perforated spoon into the pan and fry until yellow . The egg will cook into threads then scoop them out gently.
  3. Part C, Melt the butter, add chilli padi, soy sauce and curry leaves fry until aromatic. Once fragrant, put in the brown sugar and fry for a while until half melt and quickly pour in the Nestum 
  4. Then add prawn and stir until the sugar is mixing well with the Nestum
  5. Serve garnished with chilli curls and spring onion.  

Pin It


7 comments:

  1. Sadly, I'm allergic to prawns so I won't be able to indulge in such a dish -- unless I have my meds on hand.. :P Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to perfect this dish in no time. Practice makes perfect, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love prawns and this looks like something I'd easily down! :D I haven't been to Brunei yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to try this prawn dish.. ^^ For now, I'll try making it muna. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing that I am not allergic to seafood or else I will be missing such a great dish. Egg floss made this dish extra yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love prawns! I was at Manila Hotel yesterday and it was actually the topping in the second meal I had. Then tonight when I went home, I decided to cook some Nilasing na hipon Hahaha.

    Anyway, Mommy Giay, I do share food recipes on my blog. I hope that will help you too in perfecting or customizing your own food recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite ko prawns...Bahala na even I have those skin allergy with seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite types of prawn. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say that life is beautiful because of prawns because I love it to pieces! Thank you for sharing this, I will definitely try to cook this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete