I never failed to eat this one whenever I visit Brunei. This has become my very favorite.
I have always tried cooking something like this myself so that even I am here in the Philippines I can indulge. But sad to say, I am yet unsuccessful.
What I like about it is the yummy egg floss, combined with spicy curry leaves and some chopped green chili.
Anyway, this is the recipe I googled (source: Kimba's)
- 500gm - unshelled large prawns
- 1tbsp - oil
- 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning
- 150g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 100gm - Butter
- ¼ cup - Milk
- 2 sprigs - curry leaves
- 2 - Chilli padi chopped
- Light Soy Sauce
- 5tbsp - Nestum
- 1tbsp - Brown Sugar
- Chilli curls and spring onion to garnish.
- Trim and clean prawns but do not remove the tails. Marinate the prawns in the oil and 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning for 30 minutes then deep fry them.
- Part B for the Egg Floss, Melt the butter in a pan, pour the eggs through a perforated spoon into the pan and fry until yellow . The egg will cook into threads then scoop them out gently.
- Part C, Melt the butter, add chilli padi, soy sauce and curry leaves fry until aromatic. Once fragrant, put in the brown sugar and fry for a while until half melt and quickly pour in the Nestum
- Then add prawn and stir until the sugar is mixing well with the Nestum
- Serve garnished with chilli curls and spring onion.