Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tinolang Tilapia




Pin It




Honestly I am not into cooking because most of the time there's just the two of us at home, me and my little boy Ivan (hubby works overseas).  More often, I will bring in cooked food or I will go to my sister's house and have lunch or dinner with them.  Am I cost-efficient as well? LOL!

But since hubby is here for his annual vacation I need to do wifey duties, and one of them is cooking. OK! I am not a skilled cook but I can always perform my best.

Today's menu is "Tinolang Tilapia", are you familiar with this one?



How to cook "tinolang tilapia"? Its the very same method as when you cook "chicken tinola".  But let me share you my personal version.

Ingredients: 

  • 1 pc medium size "chayote" cut into bite size
  • 1 pc medium tilapia, cleaned well and cut into halves
  • 1 pc onion sliced
  • few pieces of garlic, sliced
  • small piece of ginger, sliced
  • fish sauce (to taste)
  • 1 small bundle"sili" leaves, washed and trimmed
  • 2 cups rice washing
Directions:
  1. Saute onions, garlic and ginger
  2. Add chayote and rice washings
  3. Bring to a boil until chayote is tender but not overcooked
  4. Add "tilapia" and let it boil for another five minutes or until the fish is cooked
  5. Season with fish sauce 
  6. Add "sili" leaves
  7. Serve


Pin It


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mommy Giay. I hope you have time to visit my blog. I nominated you as one of the recipients of the Liebster award. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete